Image: (1) ReStyle Graphic on Etsy
The kitchen is one of the least utilized spaces when it comes to wall decor, namely straight-up art! After spending time to make sure the furniture, the appliances, and the cabinets and counters are just so, spend a little more and think about how to make all of that free vertical space work for you. Hanging a few affordable art pieces can help you carry the mood you want that much further into the design of the space.
Of course the art you settle on can be kitchen themed in nature, but don't shy away from pieces that flow in a different kind of way. For example, in the photo above, the print is inspired by Arne Jacobsen's utensil design, tying together nicely with the mid-century modern table and chairs underneath.
Images: (2) Reo Zirinis on Society 6, (3) Felicita Sala on Society 6, (4) Lily and Val on Etsy, (5) Benton Park Prints on Etsy
The majority of wall space in my own kitchen falls between the countertops and cabinets – the backsplash. While the pieces I chose had to be on the small side I took on the challenge and created a small revolving gallery that injects just the right dose of personality into the space.
Images: (6) DJayK on Society 6, (7) Lebonretro on Esty, (8) Jon Contino on Society 6, (9) Bouffants And Broken Hearts on Society 6
So, are you for or against putting graphic prints in the kitchen?
The rose gold trend is everywhere at the moment and it's no wonder; metallics are always a great way to add a little shine and interest to your home. The pink undertones of rose gold bring a dose of warmth to any room. It can also act as a neutral, allowing you to mix and match with whatever colors are already present. Because it’s so chic, rose gold can go with everything from traditional to modern aesthetics, and the great thing is that a little goes a long way.
Here are a few ways to incorporate the rose gold trend into your home décor.
Images: (1) Kate Spade, (2) Dornbracht, (3) Hickory Hardware on Amazon, (4) Dunlin, (5) Hickory Hardware on Amazon
- Utensils. Who says you have to keep your utensils tucked away out of sight in a drawer? Display these modern pieces in a mint julep cup or clear glasses right on your countertop.
- Sink Faucet. I love adding a touch of opulence to everyday objects, especially something that's relied upon as often as the faucet in your kitchen.
- Hardware. Hardware is one of the easiest ways to update your kitchen or bath, and the clean lines of this Metropolis Satin Rose Gold Cabinet Pull would look fabulous in either room.
- Light Fixture. This hand-spun Stanley Hammered Copper Pendant light fixture is a showstopper. Entryway, dining room, kitchen – the possibilities are endless.
- Hooks. Hooks are one of my favorite low-profile ways to add storage to any space. Hang a few of these in the entry for coats and bags, in the bath for towels, or in the bedroom for jewelry. Bridges Cabinet Cup Pulls are a great option.
Images: (6) HGT on Amazon, (7) Y Lighting, (8) West Elm
- Towel Rack. This 24" towel rack is a nice touch for tea towels in the kitchen and bath towels more in the bath.
- Hex Champagne Bucket. Special occasions call for special pieces, and this rose gold champagne bucket sure fits the bill!
- Perch Table Lamp. A lamp with a beautiful silhouette is timeless, but add in the reflective quality of this rose gold base, and you've brightened the entire room it's in.
Do you like the rose gold trend? Where would you incorporate it into your home décor?