10 Thanksgiving DIYs You’ll Want to Jump On Now
As the weather gets colder, I find that there is nothing cozier than staying inside, curling up in a blanket, and getting my fall craft on. Fall crafts tend to rely heavily on the changing of seasons so the décor often comes cheaply: branches, pumpkins, corn. All I have to do is walk outside and bring some clippers! Here is a collection of some of my favorite DIYs that are simple enough to get done in an evening in preparation for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- “Happy Thanksgiving” garland. This garland made of felt spells out a simple “Happy Thanksgiving.” It’s perfect décor for a mantle or over a door.
- Table runner. This simple table runner requires minimal supplies and little skill so that anyone can do it! Plus, it’s super cute.
- Glass pumpkins. How beautiful are these pumpkins?! You can use leftover Halloween pumpkins and spray them with glass spray. Easy!
- Corn garland. Nothing says fall more than corn, am I right?! Turn that corn into a garland and display it as a grand entrance to your home.
- Bronze gourds. Spray those left over Halloween gourds with a metallic bronze or copper spray. My mom has been doing this for years and it always looks so stately at the entrance of our house.
- Pinecone name tags. Go on an outdoor adventure collecting pinecones and turn them into place settings.
- Branch centerpiece and candle holder. I LOVE this one! Placed on a long table runner it makes a beautiful impact. I think I’m going to make this one!
- White pumpkins. Another painting idea but so lovely. Transform those orange pumpkins into a more subtle tone for Thanksgiving.
- “Give Thanks” garland. (top left) Make a Thanksgiving garland for a beautiful vignette.
- Twine Pears. (top right) Wrap light bulbs in twine to make them look like pears. So clever!
How are you decorating for Thanksgiving? Do you have a go-to or are you looking for new ideas?