6 DIY Projects to Try out for Spring
Image: A Beautiful Mess
Ahhh! Spring is upon us! There’s nothing as invigorating for the soul than the rebirth of nature. With that comes the inherent need to plant, clean, redecorate, create, and spruce up. Naturally, the do-it-yourself projects of the spring season tend to focus on endeavors that are geared towards these needs. Here’s a list of some of my favorite DIY spring projects.
- Spring floral garland – How lovely is the spring garland? With the beautifully visual instructions you can create a lovely adornment for a mantel, the entrance to your home, or as an accessory to your wall. Use florals in similar tones to create a subtle color palette, or bright, contrasting flowers to make a pop.
- Geometric planters – These metallic geometric planters are made from cardboard! Yes, it’s true! These little planters are perfect for a mini succulent and great to give to a friend or style on a coffee table, side table or mantle.
- Vertical plant holder – This DIY spring project is a little more involved but if you have the tools (and the patience) then it’s such a lovely addition to your interior or exterior. Personally, I think it would be a great entryway addition. The site has a full video to help you along.
- Hand-painted linens – I LOVE this one! Take ordinary towels and give them a makeover with this simple tutorial. It adds a bit of class and finesse to your linens.
- Air plant bell cups – If you have more of a black thumb, consider trying these air plant bell cups. You don’t have to do anything to the plants once you have them! And they are very cleverly kept in a bell cup, which gives a lovely organic feel.
- (Top image) Hanging plant holder – This hanging plant holder would be the perfect addition to an interior or exterior. It’s made from a fish bowl (gasp!) and is great for your terrariums.
What are your favorite DIY spring projects?