8 Non-Traditional Christmas Trees
Image: Hay Needle
To me part of the thrill of decorating for the holidays is the chance to do something different. If I can find a way to make traditional décor new, then I consider my work done. The Christmas tree is one of those traditional elements that when it is refreshed, it can bring a new sense of style and design to your home. Here are some non-traditional tree ideas to get your decorating juices flowing.
- Mom Filter. Instead of doing a 3D tree, take a tip from shop windows and put it in your window. Here a tree is made from different sizes of doilies.
- Bored Panda. Use your trinket collection to form a tree on your wall. This technique is especially good for people who don’t have a lot of space in their homes.
- Not Martha. Christmas bulbs hung from the ceiling forms a cute Christmas tree.
- Hoi Pippo. If you don’t want to buy decorations, use what you have. Here they used their bookshelf and arranged books to form a tree shape.
- She Knows. This one is so clever. PVC pipes are cut in slices and adhered to a board. The ends are filled with colors and then filled with Christmas trinkets. Love the idea!
- Carla Aston. A sparse tree frame holds carefully placed ornaments on the branches.
This ombré red-pink faux Christmas tree is perfect for a modern setting looking to feel unique and non-traditional. It’s even nice without ornaments! It makes a bright bold impact with no mess from the needles.
(top image) Here’s a similar tree but in ombré grey. This is great for people who want to keep the color palette subtle and in non-traditional Christmas colors.
Do you have a favorite here? How are you decorating for the holidays?