Back to School Essentials For Your Home
Image: West Elm
Though I dread thinking that summer must eventually come to an end, there is one reason not to despair… back to school shopping! I’m not in school, but there’s no better time to evaluate your office work habits than this time of the year, especially when there are so many sales involved. It’s the time to buy, not just electronics and accessories, but home items too. There are even a few cool and easy do-it-yourself projects out there that will help get this party started!
- Black board wall DIY. Chalkboard paint will never die, I declare! It’s great as an accent to any home, whether it’s in a corner, a mantle; or, as seen in this image, a small wall – perfect for jotting down notes for kids at their eye level.
- Cloud corkboard DIY. Doesn’t this make you want to pin something, anything, up?! This is great for displaying equally fun artwork.
- Modular tile pinboards. This great product is perfect for displaying inspiration. The beauty of it is that if you run out of room you can keep adding on with more tiles. Brilliant!
- A sturdy desk lamp. Nothing says “let’s get down to business” more than a desk lamp. This industrial style lamp is functional and nostalgic – it would go with many home styles.
- Decal calendar. This blackboad decal calendar is essential for getting things straight. Plus, it’s graphic nature acts as a great piece of art on the wall.
- A desk, of course! I’ve been working on makeshift tables for so long, and I can’t wait to meet the desk of my dreams one day. I love this rustic version. It’s perfect for kids and adults.
What are your back-to-school essentials? What big items are you investing in this season? Tell me!