Chips of any kind are a favorite of mine, especially when they’re healthy! Healthy chips like these kale chips make snacking more fun, and can easily help add more vegetables into your day, along with more nutrients like iron, B-vitamins, and fiber. Try having these chips as part of a meal or snack and serve with your favorite dip, like hummus for example. Enjoy these tasty and crunchy healthy chips!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 2-3 servings
1 bunch of curly or dinosaur kale, washed and chopped of stems into 2″ squares
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and prepare kale by chopping off stem.
3. In a mixing bowl or large salad bowl, mix together the kale, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper then massage with your hands (really massage it!).
4. Spread the kale onto the baking tray and place tray into the oven.
5. Bake on each side for 5 minutes- total of about 7-10 minutes- you can turn the kale occasionally to prevent it from burning.
6. Remove the tray from the oven then serve the chips and enjoy.