11 Colorful Kitchens
Image: Harpers Bazaar I’ve dreamed of white kitchens for years now, but as they become more and more in style I find myself being drawn to pops of colors. The right shades of colors in the right location can totally transform a space. Here are my tips on how to do it right!
- BuzzFeed. Shades of greens and blues. In color psychology, cool colors tend to suppress the appetite, which is a great choice in a kitchen. It also means freshness, which is great for encouraging healthy appetites!
- Home Adore. This black and white kitchen is accented with a bright jungle green table right smack dab in the center, which is perfect for gathering friends.
- Sfgirlbybay. I love the modern nature of this kitchen. The white walls consist of unique ceramic pieces accented with fun bright colors. It feels tasteful, yet interesting.
- House of Turquoise. Here we see a mix of green cabinets and red brick, which warms up the space. Set against white walls it still feels tasteful.
- Indulgy. This pink kitchen is fun and young balanced out with shades of mints and turquoise.
- O Blog De Casamento. This geometric counter mural is a great way to add color into an otherwise boring space. Balance it out with an accent wall or fun lighting pieces and accessories.
- Country Living. This green walled kitchen is accented with a dramatic ladder and a warm red rug.
- The Cottage Market. This all pastel kitchen is dreamy with pastel appliances like a fridge and oven. It doesn’t feel over the top because of the white floors and walls.
- All Womens Talk. Here the focus is the chartreuse counter. It livens up the space while maintaining its dignity.
- A Lovely Lark. If you don’t have the option to go too crazy with new appliances and paint, bring in the color with fun accessories like bright rugs and plants.
- (top image) If you do have the option to go all over color, try painting all of the cabinets in one powerful color like this jade.
What’s your favorite colored kitchen?