12 Ways to Add Sparkle
With the holidays just around the corner, we have more reason than ever to add a little sparkle to every corner of our life. Gold adds instant elegance and sophistication to a room, decor, fashion and well, to just about anything. The metallic trend isn't just for the holidays any more, and it only seems to be gaining momentum. Gold can be used as neutral and mixed with so many other colors. I put together a few of my favorite gold finds and some absolutely gorgeous tutorials all to add that extra special something to your style. I will warn you though, once you start the gold hunt, it's really hard to stop.
- Brass Tack Bauble Ornaments are a super a super easy DIY to bring a bit of bling to your Holiday decorating.
- Make a gold leaf paper mache bowl to stash all of your little knick-knacks or jewelry.
- Make a gold leaf note pad for your to-do list, gift list or journals.
- Dress up your desk with a gold polka dotted mouse pad.
- Keep your phone in elegant style with gold confetti wallpaper.
- Your feet will do the talking with gold sequin shoe clips.
- Who says bare ware has to be boring? Gold dipped glasses set a relaxed and cozy tone.
- Rockin' a gold leaf faux ring adds instant glam to your hands.
- Give the Midas touch to a gold feather embellished headband.
- This DIY glitter accent purse is a cool way to add a touch of glam to your handbag.
- (Top Left) Dipped gold flatware is a lovely touch of luxe for the table.
- (Top Right) A dressed up dresser with quirky gold accents adds a design touch that's unexpected and a little offbeat.
Are you adding some of this new trend to your world? What colors do you like to mix with gold?