5 Creative Ways to Hang Your Lamps
Image: Home Designing
One of my favorite interior design elements is lighting. Lighting can make a big difference in the way one feels and interacts in a space. I think it’s one of the most underused and underutilized elements when designing a room because it can be tricky to set up and know what the best configurations are. However, if lighting was more fun looking and accessorized the space well, I think we would be more apt to focus on it. One of my favorite ways to do this is through a hanging light source. Hanging lamps draw focus to a space and add another accessory that can play with the rest of the room. There are many ways to display a hanging lamp so that it feels fun and thoughtful, here are some of my favorites:
- Marz Shop.If you need just a simple lighting fixture, focus on the hanging part of the lamp instead. This simple tutorial shows you how to take an ordinary cord and transform it into some artful and interesting. Plus, it’s as easy as can be and cheap too!
- Paper Blog. A clever way to focus on your hanging lamp is to group your lighting sources in one big bunch like this creative grouping. The sources of light take on the colors of their specific lampshades, which are taken from table lamps, and add color and depth to an otherwise all-white room. The colors play well with the other colorful accessories.
- BRIT + Co. If you’d like to try making one yourself, a concrete lampshade has an industrial and clean feel. It’s easy to do. It just might take a bit of time to get it just right.
- Realtor Rosemary. This simple lighting fixture is made with reused branches. Hung simply, it’s the perfect fit for a simple and more rustic room.
- (top image) Try grouping your lampshades in groups. This works really well if each shade is slightly different and hung at different levels
What’s your favorite way to hang a lamp?