9 Ideas to Glam up Your Bathroom
Image: The Foo Dog Ate My Homework
The bathroom is often the most under-designed room in the house. It’s not a space you typically spend much time in so it generally gets neglected. However, with some simple touches you can change your bathroom from dud to dreamy. Here are a few easy ways to achieve this.
- Lighting fixtures: Add some unique lighting pieces like these two arm fixtures on either side of the mirror. Not only are they good for aesthetic reasons but they also add a nice and soft lighting effect.
- Jewelry fixtures: A very subtle idea for a bathroom upgrade is to add some fancy fixtures, like gold sink faucets.
- All white: There is something so wonderfully glamorous about stepping into an all-white tiled space and this shower is no exception. Sure it may require more cleaning, but it will be worth it.
- Built-ins: If you have the option to go all out on a home renovation or new build, try some custom bathroom additions like steps leading to the tub.
- Gilded mirrors: Oftentimes homes come with basic square or rectangular mirrors. Take it off and replace it with a gilded oval or round mirror. Your bathroom will feel like it has more personality.
- His and hers: If you have the option, try a his and hers bathroom. This one even has it written into the tile under each sink. What a fun idea!
- Copper tub: In my glammy dreams I can afford a copper tub. This is the ultimate bathroom renovation idea!
- Wallpaper: If you find your bathroom too boring, try wallpapering the whole room in a fun print. It’s my favorite place to put wallpaper.
- (top image) Tiled flooring: If you do nothing else, at least try adding a beautiful pattern to the floors. It will give an instant face-lift to the room.
Is your bathroom decorated? What style do you like best?