Graphic Patterned Rugs to Sweep You Off Your Feet
Adding in unique color, texture, and pattern is essential to creating an interesting room. You can create a mix of elements with the furniture and accessories, but one of the fastest ways to add impact is with a graphic patterned rug. Below are some fantastic options, with a few thoughts on each.
- A slightly irregular pattern feels fresh right now, and the color palette on this one is particularly nice.
- The pattern is large in scale, but still very easy to work with. This would be a great choice for someone who wants to bring in an interesting patterned rug but is cautious!
- A round rug will draw attention just because we’re all so used to rectangles, but when it’s done in rays of color like this one it really stands out!
- The design on this is meant to mimic porcupine quills, and the sense of movement in the pattern is a nice change from the typical repeating geometrics we see.
- Cute as a button (I had to!) for a kid’s room. Also adorable for a craft or sewing room!
- A simple grid is livened up with a sudden color reversal midway through.
- The trellis design and lush greens bring to mind a garden. Think of how perfect this one would be along with a big vase full of pink peonies in an otherwise simple room.
- Bright colors, but tempered by darker shades. Play up the reds or draw out the navy blues — you can go in a lot of directions with this one.
- Another circular option! This one has a feminine feel to it with the floral center, but the color scheme of black, white, red, and blue keeps it from feeling too girly.
- A cartoony trompe l’oeil makes this a fun choice patterned rug for not-too-serious spaces.
Which of these patterned rugs could you see working for you in your own home?