How to Determine the Perfect Grey Wall
Image: Elle Blog
Grey walls can often be a default color choice for those who don’t want all color but don’t want all white. Grey can add in lovely moodiness and on the other side of the spectrum, it can also be clean and refreshing. It all depends on the color choice and finish. Here’s how to get the right grey wall for the look you want to achieve.
- Kendra Smoot. Let’s start off with those who want to keep their white walls. To add in some depth to the space you might consider adding in large canvases of abstract colors to the floor and leaning them up. This will create movement and variety to the space.
- Goat-Milk. On the opposite end is a beautiful dark grey wall. This wall feels like a foggy day with the moody quality of the paint finish. Consider this technique and color if you have bright colors you’d like to contrast it with.
- Canadian Log Homes. This bluer grey wall scheme is great for wood tones like these warm woods. It’s soothing without being too bright.
- Green Muze. This matte dark grey wall doesn’t feel too dark when contrasted with a bright cognac leather sofa. It’s masculine while still feeling accessible.
- Apartment Therapy. This mostly white kitchen feels thoughtful with the light grey walls. It reflects well with the stainless steel accessories.
- Desire to Inspire. The architectural details of this room are softened with a light French grey. Consider choosing this color if you also have a lot of detailing. The detailing could be loud if highlighted in different colors but because it is in one color it feels cohesive.
- Anne Sage. This half painted white/grey hallway is both light and moody with the woodsy accessories.
- Style Me Pretty. This bedroom feels like an oasis from the big city. The warm grey walls provide a refuge from loud colors or plain white walls.
(top image) The wall treatment of this space feels textural and interesting with the variety of greys. Consider this if you don’t want a one-dimensional wall color.
What’s your wall color of choice?