Is there anything cozier than a reading nook? It screams, “Grab a blanket and snuggle up with a good book.” It’s a dream of mine to someday have enough space and light where that is an option. Sadly, that time is not now, but reading nooks do not have to be a luxury item. Here are some tips on how to create an inspiring reading nook right here, right now!
- If you don’t have the funds to go big, try a DIY approach with boxes or crates like this one. Top it off with some colorful cushions and accent blankets and you’ve got an inspiring place!
- This reading nook is built in—not always an option—but it is topped off with colorful and interesting textiles which create a more welcoming effect.
- And if you don’t have the space inside, take your reading nook outdoors! Put up a line of rope from tree to tree and drape it with a sheet. Add in blankets and pillows and you’re set!
- No, we all can’t have a room with this view, but we can learn that a simple pad on the ground is cozy!
Image: Apartment Therapy
- This reading-nook-on-a-budget is a corner with loads of natural light. The floor lamp is an additional source of light. It’s made cozy with an oversized pillow and potted plants.
- This children’s boho reading nook is complete with darling floor cushions and loads of colorful throw pillows.
- (top image) This ideal reading nook is right next to a window and contains a sconce on the opposite wall, ensuring that the lighting is more than adequate.
Image: One Claire Day
What’s your favorite reading nook idea?