The bathroom above was designed by Rita Konig for Deborah Needleman in 2008. Its simple black, white, and wood color palette and masculine lines are perfectly offset by feminine touches from the Moroccan table, oval mirror, and delicate styling. If you have a white toilet and pedestal sink in your bathroom, you can achieve a similar look with the items below.
- The actual wallpaper in the bathroom is ‘La Promenade’ by Twigs Fabrics & Wallpaper, but I was unable to find it for sale online. The swatch shown is a nice substitute — a little more feminine, but still in the same general spirit.
- You’ll need additional lighting overhead, but if you can go for more form than function, library-style sconces look fantastic in a bathroom flanking the mirror.
- A large, oval wooden mirror commands presence and looks more decorative than the typical frameless or metal-rimmed bathroom options.
- Fresh flowers are a must for this look.
- Find a labeled sundry jar for your everyday items like cotton balls. It looks more charming than antiseptic!
- A wire basket holds spare rolls of toilet paper with surprising style.
- Bringing in a small table gives so much style and warmth to the room. This lovely Moroccan table would be a perfect choice.
- A black toilet seat can be much more chic than a plain old white one.
- If you like to store magazines and reading material in the bathroom, find a nice basket to organize them in, and make the presentation nice.
What’s your favorite element in this space? Could you see yourself drawing inspiration from it for your own home?