The dining room of Zoe Murphy is simple, comprised of just a few key pieces, and yet it has tremendous impact. The iconic Eames dowel chairs are instantly recognizable and lend a certain design cache, and they look fresh paired with a modern table and oversized green pendant lamp. White walls recede into the background, letting the furniture shine, and the palette is restrained with just the green for a real shot of color. To achieve a similar look in your own home, try incorporating the items below!
- Gloss Emerald spray paint livens up a metal pendant shade.
- This light actually does come ready-made in a lovely green color, but only in a smaller size. If you want the drama of the larger version (and you do, trust me!), pick up this inexpensive option and give it a quick couple of coats of spray paint.
- Art with shades of green in it will tie in with the light and look fab.
- The Alvar Aalto stool is another design classic that works well in the space above.
- The molded Eames chair is available with several bases, but the wooden dowel legs have always been my favorite.
- While not black, like in the inspiration room, this table shares a similar modern-meets-mid-century vibe and would work well as a substitute.
- Those Eames chairs are actually quite comfortable, but the addition of a cute round chair cushion can only help in the comfort department, right? Plus they add another bit of green to the room.
Keep a few bunches of flowers in a bottle on the table, and you’re all set!
Which elements of Zoe Murphy’s dining room are your favorites?