(Via The Style Junkies)
I love rustic, but all that raw folkloric feeling doesn’t get along with my real life needs. I love contemporary minimalism, but its stark and stiff vibe makes me anxious. A mix of both styles, however? A match made in heaven. Take, for example, the following bathrooms. They have a sophisticated, laid back vibe inspired by the casual handmade essence of the country style and the sleek uncluttered attitude of the contemporary design. Moreover, they have a focus on today’s lifestyle and can be easily adopted by most people who value function and beauty all the same.
(Via The Style Files)
Here are the most common 5 elements we usually come across in a modern country bathroom:
1. Wooden beams as a structural element. Usually they are with a natural finish but they can also be found painted white or other neutral shades.
2. Built in cabinetry and open shelving. Built in bathtubs and showers are common as well.
3. Natural organic accents like woven fiber rugs and baskets, tree trunk stools and unrefined wooden ladders.
4. Contemporary touches like designer lighting fixtures and high-end fittings, often with a contrasting shiny finish.
5. Luxurious soft towels and other modern comforts that add a welcoming note to the space.
(Via Luxury Accomodations)
What are your favorite elements of a modern country bathroom?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!