Image: My Domaine
We just bought a new house a few months ago and one room that I am super excited to renovate is the powder room. Though it is the smallest room in the house, I want it to have the biggest impact! There’s nothing like a good ol’ powder room that feels stylish. Another must for a powder room is that it feels light and airy. I’ve been in some that have this dark, claustrophobic feel that I’m not too keen on. There are certain design details that can create the perfect powder room.
1. Because most powder rooms are small, try using a vibrant wallpaper. This will bring personality and immediate style to the space. Use a lighter color to create a more airy look.
2. Lighting is very important in a powder room. You don’t want your guests to be squinting to see what’s in front of them. Use pendant lights or sconces to flank the mirror. Also,addcanlightsforextralighting.
Image/Designer: Amber Interiors
3. If you’re not too sure about adding wallpaper, use the floor to add pattern in your powder room. This tile design is gorgeous! And because powder rooms are smaller, you can afford to use a more high-end tile because you’re not using as much.
4. Of course, mirrors are a must in any bathroom. To create the look of a bigger space, add more mirrors. The reflection will make the room look deeper and wider. And more light will reflect through the mirrors.
Image: Centsational Girl
5. Choose a fun sink or vanity for your powder room. This marble vessel sits on top of the vanity, creating an unexpected design twist for this space. Also, think outside of the box when it comes to towel rings. I’m loving this vintage towel bracket!