Image: Belgian Pearls
A room is not complete without something living or breathing life into it. Whether that is a plant, flower, or shell, there are a lot of options to fill that requirement. A potted plant perfectly fits that category and is a wonderful way to fill a space. Taking care of plants is also good for the soul. When I tend to my little greens, I find myself more contemplative and meditative.
So what are the best plants for indoors? Look further.
- Aloe. The aloe plant has a cool shape but is also very handy around the house as it can treat a number of ailments. This succulent loves the sunshine and doesn’t need to be watered often so it’s a great beginner plant.
- Fiddle leaf fig. This tree is super trendy right now and my guess is that it’s because of its uniquely shaped leaves and long, thin trunk. Its substantial shape fills a space beautifully.
- English ivy. English ivy is a more elegant choice and can be kept in a small pot and cut back or let wild like this image.
- Citrus trees. There’s nothing more beautiful than a tree that gives off beautiful fruits in gorgeous citrus shades. In my dreams, I have various types all around my house.
- Cactus. Cacti are easy to care for (little responsibility, hooray!) and create a fun, modern look for a space. Make sure to place it in a sunny spot.
- Herbs. A table full of herbs is not only aesthetically pleasing but also helpful. Keep it near your kitchen to have full access to a great spice drawer. Make sure you group herbs according the amount of light then each need.
- (top photo) Ficus tree. We had these growing up in our home. They are easy to care for and have bright, green shiny leaves. A perfect accessory!
What’s your favorite indoor plant?