Mother’s Day Treat: Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Let’s face it – if you haven’t gotten a present for Mom by now, your last minute options are either flowers or a gift card. But you can do better than that… and she deserves better than that! Give a gift that comes from the heart and only takes a trip to the grocery store and some DIY know-how. Whether you’re a gourmet chef or a take out aficionado, our quick and easy recipe is sure to delight any Mommy.
Chocolate Cupcakes With Raspberry Frosting
Makes 18 delicious cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup whole milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Dry: Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together.
- Wet: Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until creamy. Add sugar slowly, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to be incorporated into the mixture before adding the next.
- Combine: Add flour mixture in four additions, alternately with milk. Begin and end with flour mixture and beat briefly until smooth on low-medium speed after each addition.
- Divide batter evenly in paper liners. Bake about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center shows a few moist crumbs.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Puree raspberries in a food processor or blender. If you prefer seedless frosting, run the puree through a strainer.
- Beat butter with cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar slowly while beating for 2-3 minutes. Add raspberry puree and vanilla. Beat until completely combined.
- Place frosting into a pastry bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Finally, try not to eat too many before the cupcakes are delivered to Mom!