I am kind of obsessed with chicken wire these days. It is such a fun medium to work with and you can use it for so many different applications. Today I want to show you how to make a farmhouse style DIY chicken wire mason jar candle holder. This project really could not be simpler.
You will need:
- Chicken Wire
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Mason Jar (any size will do, I used a 2 quart jar)
Now you have the chicken wire roughly fitted to the jar. Make sure you have a tight fit. If you don’t, make sure to cut off the excess and tighten the wire.
5. Now take the wires that were folded over each other and start to twist them together with the pliers.
6. Here they are twisted together. Now take that piece and bend it into the seam where the wires all come together.
7. Now start bending and adjusting the wire around the base of the mason jar.
8. Take your time and twist the pieces together, cutting and reattaching where it is needed. Since the wire won’t exactly bend to this shape, it makes it easy to cut a piece out and reattach.
Once the bottom is all done, make sure that there are no pieces of wire sticking out and that the bottom remains flat so that it will sit flat on the surface.
I added this simple white candle to the chicken wire mason jar.
Here it is all finished! What do you think? Is this a project you could manage?
Don’t want to use it as a candle holder?
Add beans for décor, cotton balls, and bathroom supplies for a fun bathroom storage piece. You can use if for practically anything! It’s a great way to add some farmhouse charm to your home, keep it simple, and try something new.