10 Stylish Ikea Hacks
Image: The Kitchn
I love few things more than seeing an ordinary object transformed into something stylish. In this vein, Ikea has become the quintessential design go-to for all things transformed. It’s almost a self-inflicted challenge to discover ways to improve upon the basic design. Here are some of my favorite Ikea hacks and how you can apply them to your own projects.
- The Hennes bookcases were given a transformation by adding wallpaper to the back. They go from plain to top notch!
- This bookcase from Ikea was transformed into a clever shoe closet with glass doors so you can see inside. So helpful!
- This beautiful lamp was created out of a basket from Ikea. It adds a lovely texture to the space as well as a fun graphic pattern.
- This simple wood shelving unit from Ikea was transformed with a simple paint job. Each shelf has a fun color that adds a perfect blend of playful and style
- The Vittsjo nesting tables were given a facelift with custom corner details and gold paint.
- In this case, the Vittsjo was transformed with some gold leaf paint. It looks elegant and sophisticated.
- This campaign style dresser was created from a simple Ikea dresser. Campaign style details were added with the handles and corners and then painted a lovely shade of magenta.
- This Ikea hack is genius! Take a gold and black bowl and transform it into a beautiful pendant lamp. So cool, right?!
- This wardrobe transformation by Jenny Komenda of Little Green Notebook, is one of the greatest I’ve seen yet. She added moldings, color, and mirrors to create a very custom look.
- (top image) Kristan Cunningham transformed her kitchen with Ikea cabinetry and added in custom details like leather pulls.
Have you ever pulled off an Ikea hack? What’s your favorite piece to work with?