7 Beautiful Barn Doors
Design: City Home Collective
Once upon a time the rustic style applied to only rustic interiors—interiors set in rural areas. Nowadays, the style can be applied to a variety of interiors from industrial to minimal to modern. My favorite way to add a dash of rustic is with a bold barn door. It gives a hint of the country, while providing an element of the unexpected and practical. Some are actually taken from a barn, while others are made to look like a barn, with a makeshift farmhouse feel. Any way you put it, I’m a fan of the sliding door feel and the ability the door has to enlarge a space with its floor-to-ceiling scale. Here are some of my favorite barn door applications in the home.
- This barn door was painted blue and hides the laundry section of the house, which is held in the hallway. The barn door allows for more room in the hallway due to the sliding door technique.
- 2. These twin doors add a lovely texture to the rustic minimal décor. It has faux handles to appear to look more authentic.
- These barn doors house the pantry section of the kitchen. Once again, the sliding door technique allows for more room in the space.
- This bold barn door becomes a lovely focal point to the all-white room and creates a lovely texture to the room.
- This single door feels more industrial with the sliding track finish and the complementary pendant lamp hanging above.
- This bold red barn door is quite the statement piece. If you need a conversation starter, paint the door a high gloss.
- I love the windows added into these barn doors. It feels less confining as a space.
Would you add a barn door to your space?