Get the Look: A Bold Wallpapered Entry
Entryways are great places to make a style statement with wallpaper. They’re often small spaces, so you don’t need to buy and hang as much paper. They’re also the first thing guests see as they enter your home, so the impact creates a great first impression. The wallpapered entry above strikes a nice balance between old and new, with plenty of vintage pieces combined in a modern way and a very current color palette. Get the look with the items below.
- Either Farrow and Ball’s St. Antoine wallpaper or the Dauphine paper linked to above would be good matches for the style of wallpaper in the inspiration image. You want something in blue and white, with an updated damask pattern in a large scale. Bang.
- Have a little fun with a retro lamp! This one is new, but styled to look vintage.
- I believe the actual light in the entry is an Artemide Nur pendant, but this fun yellow one would give you a similar look.
- The mirror in the inspiration entryway is likely an antique empire style. Antique and vintage mirrors tend to pop up frequently for sale, but the new option above is a good choice too.
- White accessories stand out against the pattern of the wallpaper, and tie in to the white trim in the home.
- A black dresser grounds the space, and offers plenty of storage.
- Keep a basket or straw tote nearby to corral the magazines, catalogs, and other odds and ends that may accumulate near the door.
- A simple striped rug is a good complement to busier wallpaper.
Do you like the look of a wallpapered entry, or would you have gone with a solid color?