7 Inspiring Vanities
Image: Elle Décor
Sometimes I dream about how it would be to apply my makeup sitting down. Wouldn’t it be lovely?! Instead, I crouch over my sink in poor yellow lighting, hoping that I’m not missing the mark. A makeup vanity is something that lives only inside my dreams. Ideally, it’s a place to sit down and enjoy the process of getting ready. As I consider applying makeup an artistic endeavor, I will call the vanity an easel of sorts. Here are some vanities to inspire some daydreaming, and how to get the look for yourself.
- This vanity setting is practical and beautiful. The shelving on either side of the mirror allows for convenient storage, while two small sconces provide great lighting.
- This beautiful setup features a lovely symmetrical display of framed pictures surrounding a beautiful mirror. Lighting is crucial to a good makeup vanity, so a lamp on each side of the mirror is important.
- This minimal vanity setting features carefully chosen furniture pieces with sleek lines, and two plants as minimal décor. Simple and efficient!
- I love the graphic nature of this setting. The color blocked paint acts as a beautiful canvas to the room.
- Who says vanities have to be extravagant?! This makeshift vanity is comprised of a desk with a bamboo mirror. It’s all about the details.
- I love the feel of this all-white setting. Placed next to a bed, it acts as a bedside table and economizes space. The modern table works well with the more detailed touches of the fur seating and table lamps.
- (Top image) A beautiful and efficient vanity is comprised of something comfortable and soft to sit on, with a beautiful mirror that acts as a focal point.
What does your dream vanity look like?