8 Ways to Brighten Your Space with Gold
To me, the return of metallic gold means a return to luxury and patina. I love the feel gold accents make on a space. It takes a boring space and adds in brightness and depth to create a refined and pulled together look. To achieve the look you don’t need a lot of gold, you just need a few strategic pieces that will go a long way. Here are some of my favorite ways to do it.
- Domaine Home. A single piece of lighting. Focusing on just one piece of lighting will create a focal point and will elevate the space substantially. Try a chandelier in a gold or brass finish.
- Lauren Conrad. Gold accessories. One of my favorite ways to bring in gold is with golden accessories like these office supplies in a stapler, phone and tape dispenser. The table lamp grounds the table.
- Design Love Fest. Small pieces of gold furniture are an easy way to add in the finish without committing too much like painting or installing a piece of lighting. Here, two small side tables create the look.
- Lonny. This simple gold trim on the moldings creates a sophisticated and refined look.
- Design Sponge. The gold accents set against black and white create a graphic and polished look. A gold bookcase with a gold throw is just the right touch needed to achieve the look.
- Martell Home Builders. Again, black and white is a great canvas for gold! Here, are pieces that are a great way to add in character and patina.
- Design Sponge. Black and white strikes again! With gold decals on a black wall, a striking backdrop is created! Plus, gorgeous lamps with gold touches.
- NY Magazine. A gorgeous table set in a gold finish brings romance and sophistication to this office space.
Would you go for the gold like these spaces?