9 Gorgeous Upholstered Headboards
To me, decorating the bedroom is one of the toughest design challenges. I find the proportions of the furniture tough to work with. That said, I also think it’s one of the most fun rooms to design for because there are so many wonderful design companies out there with really fun products, like bed linens, artwork and dressers. One of my favorite elements is the upholstered headboard. It has the potential to add a ton of pizzazz to the room, through a fun pattern and color. It also adds softness to a room that should be considered a refuge. Here are some of the most gorgeous head frame inspirations out there.
- Grace Bonney showed how to reupholster a headboard on design*sponge years ago and I think the whole Internet listened. This is still a favorite because of the fun pattern contrasted with the white sheets.
- Speaking of fun, this turquoise headboard receives a little bit of bling with a nail frame around it.
- The neutral headboard with tufting is an interior design classic. You can’t go wrong!
- And when you add a fun shape to it it adds whimsy to a kid’s bedroom.
- Or when you elongate it, and add slight framing on both sides, it feels luxurious and private for an adult bedroom.
- This very clean upholstered headboard contains a simple shape and little distraction. It feels refreshing.
- This upholstered frame below comes in a soft neutral off white, so it doesn’t compete with the business of the wallpaper mural.
- Again, upholstered headboards are an opportunity to play with color and pattern. Make sure to keep the linens neutral.
- (top image) This is one of my favorite images right now. This rectangular tufted upholstered headboards comes in a neutral khaki so that the bright bed linens have a chance to shine.
How would you design your dream headboard?