Get the Look: Industrial Meets Mid-Century Modern
Industrial style for the home is a trend that’s still going strong. In part, that’s because it mixes well with other styles, like the industrial and mid-century modern dining room above. The metal finishes are softened by the natural wood of the dining table, and the greenery and blooms bring a bit of life to the look as well. The result is the perfect balance of hard industrial style and lived-in ease. You can achieve a similar design with the items below.
- A grouping of caged lights is a nice residential take on industrial lighting.
- Metal chairs are the best for families with young children. I have them in my dining room, and you never have to worry about staining, scratching (just adds to the charm), or durability.
- We can’t see what is in the frames, but we know that the frames themselves go perfect with this simple style. Fill them with what speaks to you!
- Search the flea markets, junk shops, online listings, and antique stores for a mid-century modern wooden table, or take the shortcut and pick up this new (but vintage-inspired) version.
- A large vase filled with fluffy coral/pink blooms is a must here, don’t you think?
- This is a lovely, albeit small, bright lacquered box.
- Larger and still lovely, this brings up the scale a bit. You could store your linens inside.
Would you incorporate industrial style in your home?