20 Upstanding Upholstered Dining Chairs
There’s something so inviting about upholstered chairs pulled up to the dining room table. Whether you’re looking for a pair of host chairs to sit at either end of your table or a full set, below are 20 fantastic options.
- A Louis XVI chair, all done up in a striking royal blue.
- This upholstered dining chair comes stocked in charcoal, but you can choose from five additional colors at no extra charge, like the lovely rust color shown above.
- Clean lines and architectural presence, available in your choice of four finishes and various fabric options.
- A reissued Milo Baughman design, with plenty of fabrics and colors to choose from (though the green is clearly the happiest color).
- Sure, there are more sedate slipcover options available, but why not have a little fun with it? Especially at such an affordable price.
- I wish the striped option were still in stock, but the Sand Stone (beige) and Iron (charcoal gray) options are both nice as well.
- A slight swooping back and sturdy legs give this upholstered dining chair a lovely line.
- Luxe stripes swoop down the curves of this chair, but it’s also available in an aqua velvet.
- Simple, clean lines and a boxy shape all come at an affordable price.
- A classic by Saarinen (you know his tulip table, if not this chair), available in a variety of poppy colors.
- A tailored silhouette sits atop shiny, slender legs for a streamlined, modern look.
- The padded version of the Eames’ fiberglass shell chair is available again, for all you mid-century-modern lovers.
- I’ll admit it, I chose the striped fabric for this upholstered dining chair because it reminds me of a reupholstered antique sofa I own, but you can choose from dozens of other fabrics as well.
- Well, isn’t that cutout clever? They also have a reverse cutout option available.
- An armchair, or armless? This comes in a cherry, walnut, or charcoal finish. And with fabric? This chair can be customized to meet your wants and needs.
- Good proportions and a gentle, graceful curve to the back.
- Oh, chair of my dreams. How I long to get you into my life.
- A surprising and fairly new offering from the ubiquitous big-box Swedish store.
- A feminine option available in light neutral linen, brushed canvas, or ultra suede.
- Such a charming update to a classic mid-century-modern silhouette.
Which upholstered dining chair would you choose? I have a clear favorite (Deeda, number 17 above), but twist my arm and I would be happy to live with several others!