The photo above was from a feature on actress Ione Skye’s home several years back in Domino magazine, and her home is still as inspiring and fresh today as it was then. The bedroom, in particular, is appealing for it’s light walls, natural textures, and clever use of color and pattern. If you’d like to create a similar look in your home, try bringing in some of the items below.
- Yes! Why not a hanging chair in your bedroom?
- This is a vintage Jean-Michel Frank folding screen, which is a lovely but expensive find. If you’re industrious (or feel like hiring someone who is), you can create something similar for less.
- The blue and white striped rug brings so much interest to the room, but the simple pattern keeps it from being overwhelming.
- Blue and white bedding with a geometric motif.
- Natural woven blinds add texture and complement the other wood finishes.
- A neutral upholstered bed on thin stainless steel legs feels airy and light; it allows other furniture pieces and accessories to be the star.
- The nightstand in Ione Skye’s room is green, which is nice (it works without being matchy-matchy). But this one in blue would be a great choice as well, and the lines of the piece are similar.
Maybe all bedrooms should come standard with a hanging chair. Say anything. We’d love to hear from you.