9 Ways to Add Fresh Flowers to Your Holiday Decor
Image: Style State
Decorating for the holidays is a cinch. Whether it be lights, wreaths, garlands or ornaments, there are so many options to add that holiday spirit. BUT, do not forget the fresh flowers! There is nothing like real, sweet smelling flowers to make a space feel authentic, grounded, and elegant. You can pair them in groups, place them on the mantle or banister…the sky is the limit! Here are some of my favorite flower arrangements for the holidays that are perfect for an event or just for fun.
- Along a banister. Weave some fresh floral arrangements around both banisters. With such a dramatic statement, you wouldn’t need much else!
- Single flowers and fruit. Add a few blossoms into small vases around a cupcake stand. Drop in some pomegranates for that rich redness.
- Red amaryllis. There is nothing like red amaryllis to bring in the holiday spirit. Put a bunch together for major impact.
- Chandelier wreath. Use a built in wreath frame with a chandelier. Weave natural type flowers around the base for a beautiful, romantic feel.
- Mantle Decor. Don’t forget the mantle. It’s the perfect frame for a cozy fire. Use huge draping greenery for a truly elegant vignette.
- Whites. Winter whites are such a lovely, neutral holiday expression. Add them into small vases with some evergreens.
- A variety of flowers. Use Mother Nature to the fullest with a mix of berries, leaves, greenery and winter whites. Place it in a simple vessel.
- Fresh flower wreath. Take a simple fresh wreath and add in tons of luscious red blossoms to the base.
- (top) Draping mantle piece. This is one of my all time favorite images of holiday florals. The designer beautifully draped a variety of surprising flowers together to create a unique statement.
How do you usually decorate for the holidays? Do you do the same thing year after year? OR do you mix it up? Do fresh flowers make it into your vocabulary?