7 Ways to Update Your Home for Spring
Image: Dear Designer's Blog
I love the arrival of spring. It’s a new birth of sorts, a fresh start. And there are a lot of ways to usher it in: a new color palette, a new piece of furniture, spring cleaning, planting a garden. Sometimes even the littlest of things can signify the new season and celebrate the return of sunshine and flowers. Here are some of my favorite ways to update your home for spring.
- Pouf. Poufs have become quite popular recently and are a great accessory for any home. On one hand they add substantial weight to a room, and on the other hand they are not hard to commit to. This one from West Elm is quite neutral and would work in many different styles of homes.
- Ikea chair. Ikea has come out with some great new products for spring including their version of the iconic Wishbone chair. This heavier version works with a variety of styles including mid-century modern, minimalist, traditional, and bohemian. Plus, the price is great!
- Spring wreath. Need a quick, non-permanent fix? Try decorating with a beautiful spring wreath made with fresh flowers. This would be perfect for an event or just for fun!
- New lamp. To me, nothing adds more personality or an instant update to a room than a beautiful light fixture. This metal standing lamp is quirky and memorable.
- Colorful kitchen cart. A simple way to add color to a space is with a colorful accessory like this kitchen cart. Throw in some vibrant accessories to brighten it up even more.
- Beautiful side table. If you’re ready for a more permanent addition to your home, light marble is a beautiful trend right now that’s always in style. Try this side table from High Street Market to add class and sophistication to your home.
- Floral wallpaper (Top of Page). Florals are still strong for spring and this floral wallpaper would be a spectacular transformation for any room.
What are your favorite updates for spring?