7 Beautiful Ways to Use Pegboard
Image: DIY Network
The practical pegboard has become quite popular recently and is being used in ways that I couldn’t have foreseen. Some of it is simply beautiful! Though I always considered this material to be a bit boring and too practical for my taste, I’m now reconsidering after seeing some clever ideas spring out. I’m thinking it would be perfect placed in an office or kitchen. Here are some beautiful ways to use pegboard in different environments.
- Paint it. You don’t have to keep pegboard plain, paint it! Create a simple design with paint or paint it a solid color. Here, blue stripes add a nice touch to the mug wall.
- Use it for parties. Here, a small piece is used for name settings for a wedding. Use it in the same way, or use it to attach notes and reminders for more of a bulletin board idea!
- Use it as decoration. Use pegboard and yarn to create a cute saying to be used as décor for your room.
- For organization. Rather than attach tools with hooks, attach bigger organizational items like baskets for even more storage.
- For individual items. This is one of my favorite ways to use this versatile material. Make sure each item gets returned to its proper place by placing it on an individual hook.
- As artwork. I love how the artist turned this piece into a cross-stitch sampler. So beautiful!
- As a backsplash. (Top image) I love the idea of putting pegboard as a backsplash in a kitchen. It’s such a practical way to use your space!
Would you use pegboard in your space?