8 Lace Projects to Add Flourish to Your Home
Image: (1) A Beautiful Mess
I remember seeing my great grandmother’s lace stacked in the linen cupboard. It sat there for ages without being used. Had I seen all the cool lace projects out right now, I might have considered putting them to use! There are so many beautiful ways to adorn your house with lace in a modern and refreshing way. Here are some of my favorite uses.
- Lace table lamp. This lace table lamp is a bit modern and vintage all rolled into one. It’s such a beautiful DIY project, one that you’ll be so proud of when you see it on display!
- Lace/doily tablecloth. I love this doily tablecloth. The doilies frame the linen tablecloth adding just the right amount of texture to the cloth, while still showing them off wonderfully.
- Doily stencil. This is such a clever way to use doilies and lace. Try painting the negative space of the doily or lace onto a prominent piece of furniture like a table or chair.
- Lace runner. Instead of covering the whole table, try just a doily runner. Stitch them together like a giant jigsaw puzzle piece.
- Lace speaker. How clever is this use of lace? To feminize a traditionally heavy and masculine piece of furniture, add some lace onto the front of the speaker. It’s just the right amount of flourish!
- Doily votives. Dainty doilies are turned into beautiful votives. Check out the full tutorial to makes some for yourself.
- Lace lampshade. This lace pendant lamp is the perfect way to show off your beautiful lace collection, while the negative space of the lace creates cool shadows.
- Lace globe. Here’s another lace tutorial globe lamp that’s done with a paper mache technique. So clever!
Do you love the lace look?