Night Brights: 9 Brass, Black, and White Wall Sconces For Your Bedroom
My husband and I both like to read in bed, so good lighting is essential. What type of bedside lights do you favor? Table lamps are beautiful, but run the risk of being knocked over (something I worry about with two little monkeys who like to jump on my bed). Sometimes I like the look of a small pharmacy floor lamp on each side, but generally I prefer sconces beside a bed, both for the look and for the practicality. They provide even lighting that can be placed easily within reach, and thankfully there’s nothing to knock over!
Though when it comes time to choose, the indecision sets in. Which one do you go with when you love them all? Here are several options I’ve been considering.
Images: (1) Urban Outfitters, (2) Circa Lighting, (3) Pottery Barn, (4) Domino, (5) Wayfair, (6) IKEA, (7) Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co, (8) Schoolhouse Electric and Supply Co, (9) Urban Outfitters
- Industrial Sconce – I chose this in green for my son’s room. It’s a great, inexpensive option in a larger scale than most.
- Yoke Suspended Wall Light – The hinge mechanism on this one is so appealing!
- Industrial Wall Light – Double the light, double the fun?
- Rockport Vintage Wall Lamp – This one is an outlier in the black, brass, and white roundup, but its form and finish is lovely.
- Aidan Swing Arm Wall Sconce – This is a classic library-style choice, an obvious choice for a couple of book lovers.
- Ranard Clamp Spotlight – A brilliant new option from IKEA. I can’t wait to check this one out in person.
- Long-Arm Isaac Sconce – I’m not sure which color I like best for this one: black, red, or natural brass.
- Satellite Wall Sconce – Simple, streamlined, and classic.
- Eyeball Sconce – Such a cute option! I love this one for kids’ rooms.
The rounded shape of numbers 7 and 9 is a favorite because it’s just so much fun. Which would you choose?