Moodboard: Sophisticated Country Kitchen
Sure, not everyone is lucky to have a gorgeous country kitchen to decorate, but that shouldn’t stop you from bringing a touch of the sophisticated country elegance to even a blah rented one. Inspired by the prettiest kitchens of that style, here are some things to be found in common that are easy to copy and bring to your home.
- Heirloom ceramics, or at least beautiful ceramics that feel like they’ve been taken out of grandma’s old cupboard
- Touch of green, preferably freshly picked from a garden. It gives a sort of uplifting feeling
- Unrefined materials, like woods and stone, in their purest form with distressed edges and a coarse finish. I love the idea of using a tree branch to bring nature indoors
- Organic textures, like rattan and linen, that bring memories of the countryside and add yet another level of warmth to the decor
- Industrial inspired hardware and fixtures in antique finishes of copper or brass bring a masculine vibe and balance the more feminine- chic country style
01: Cambria Soup Bowl, Set of 4- Gray // 02: Pour-Over Kettle // 03: Baltimore Classic Cord Pendant // 04: Natural Teak Serving Stand // 05: Massey Bin Pull // 06: Faux Blue Hydrangea Flowers Citrus Grass Leaves in White Cube Vase // 07: Round Slate Cheese Board with Handle // 08: Farmhouse Pottery Windrow Serving Bowl // 09: Woven Rectangle Basket- Medium // 10: Anzu Stool, Natural Finish // 11: Como Brushed Modern Classic Cutlery Set- Black // 12: Blue Green Faded Linen Tea Towel
Would you try any of the above tips in your kitchen? Any more ideas on how to bring this style in your home? I’d love to know!